Visa Debit Card
Eagle Federal Credit Union is issuing all new Debit Cards with the new Chip technology.
The new cards offer enhanced chip security features and will replace your current debit card. Watch the mail for your new card(s).
- What do I do when I get my new card? We encourage you to activate and begin using your new card immediately! In addition to new security features, it also has a new card number so be sure and read below if you have any automatic payments attached to your card.
- What does this means for my old card? Cut up your old card when you begin using your new chip card. Your old debit card will be deactivated shortly after arrival of your new chip card. The deactivation date will be included in the mailing.
- How do I use the Chip Card at participating merchants? You will now have to “Dip the Chip”. When you are paying at a card reader, instead of swiping the magnetic strip, you will now insert (or dip) your card into the chip reader and then follow the prompts on the screen. If the merchant does not utilize the chip technology, simply swipe it just like you do now.
- Is this any safer? Chip cards are designed to prevent fraudulent transactions that take place when someone physically swipes a counterfeit card at a payment terminal. When a card with the chip technology is used at a payment terminal, it creates a unique verification code for that transaction. This verification code will prevent hackers from capturing your debit card or checking account information.
- What about my automatic payments? Just like anytime you get a new card, notify the merchants that charge your card, give them your new card number, expiration date and the 3-digit security code. (Example: Amazon, gym memberships, etc.)
Protecting your interests is important to us. Please give us a call if you have questions or need assistance with your new card!
A Visa DEBIT card is a great compliment for your Eagle Federal checking account and puts worldwide buying power right in your wallet.
Call or come by for an application.
VISA Debit Card Features
- Visa DEBIT cards let you use money from your checking account without writing a check.
- Cash back feature saves you from making a trip to the credit union or ATM. Select the “debit” button at most merchants and use your PIN whenever you want cash back with your transaction.
- Extra Awards points are earned with every purchase when you select “credit” and sign the transaction. You’re earning rewards every time you buy groceries, pay for a meal, buy a new shirt, or pick up coffee on your way to work using your debit card as a credit transaction. Even internet, mail-order, and phone order transactions qualify. For more information and answers to your program questions or to check your Extra Award points, visit Extra Awards or call our redemption center at 877-909-1450 from 8:00AM to 8:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- Eagle Federal Visa DEBIT cards double as an ATM card giving you access to cash at machines nationwide. You can even access cash from your Eagle Federal savings account at ATM locations.
- Verified by Visa protection for added online security
- Be aware that debit card transactions over $350.00 may require a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to complete. This may affect transactions like at grocery stores, pharmacies and other retail outlets.